Session 2: High order functions and function decorators: 07.03.2021 5 pm GMT+1

edited March 2021 in Sessions

We agreed to start the next session 1 hour later, so it will start next sunday, 5pm GMT+1.

If you would like any special topic let me know, otherwise I will choose one :)

Tagged:

Comments

• I really enjoyed the first session, I didn't know list comprehensions had some of the functionality you showed us and I liked seeing the perspective you approached things from.

I wouldn't mind doing anything from classes and inheritance onwards in the topic list you posted. But thanks again, this is really awesome and I'm looking forward to learning more.

• Thank you. I will announce the next topic in the next days.

CU sunday!

• Hi everyone,

So sorry I couldn't join you guys for the first session. I totally forgot about an EVS Report I had to submit, so I was busy there. Is there any way, Alex, I could make up for it? Was the session recorded by any chance? Because if I don't learn it from the start itself, I won't be able to follow along as this is new to me. Please let me know what I can do.

• Sorry, I have no recording.

If you are completly new to python it would be the best to start with the „hands on introduction“ I posted several days ago.

if you get stuck in the introduction you can post your questions in the correspnding discussion and I can answer them.

• Sorry to miss the first session! Will join you all for the second one.

I would second PowerTurtz on the topic of classes/inheritance. Maybe also function and positional versus optional keywords.

However, surprise topic is always fun and very appreciated.

• Hello everybody,

I will talk about high order functions and function decorators at sunday. I will skip class decorators at first and only talk about functions.

In the following sessions I will talk about classes and inheritance and than we can combine them with class decorators. Hope this makes sense :)

• Excited to learn!

-Emerson

• Looking forward to it!
  • Here is the link for the session today, starting at 5 pm GMT+1:
    I also have some exercises for today topic. As last time you must rename them from .txt to .py to execute the scripts. I only have a test for the first exercise.
    CU soon :smile: